Failed to sync update. Error The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted

Failed to sync update. Error The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted

I had this tricky problem last week.
ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 CU2
Windows 2012
SQL 2012
NO Proxy between ConfigMgr server and Windows Updates sites
I had 3 independent (or so I thought) issues:
1. I could not browse to \\ConfigMgr_server\F$ from remote computer
2. I could connect to http://ConfigMgr_server/reports from a remote computer but the page did not render properly and reports could not run. This was OK runninghttp://localhost/reports locally on the server. I also could not run reports from a remote Admin console
3. Updates issue: Failed to sync update. Error The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted.
I couldn't understand as I had deployed the exact same combination of products several times before with no issue. Then I found this KB

The KB desribes this issue:
When you use a VMWare guest system, some SCSI drives are recognized as removable storage. This can affect applications that are installed on nonsystem drives.
Symptoms like mine:
Windows Cannot Access \\Servername\Sharename
You cannot access an Internet Information Services (IIS) website that is hosted on a removable storage device
The WSUS content directory is not accessible. 
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'drive:\WSUS\WsusContent\anonymousCheckFile.txt' is denied.
The server is failing to download some updates.

These issues were resolved by a Cumulative Update released in April 2013, and then I realised why I was having the issue. I had been unable to fully patch my Windows Server 2012 box (due to customer network constraints).

I installed the update and it resolved problems 1 & 2 instantly. I then re-installed WSUS and my Software Update Point - problem 3 resolved, and all updates successfully synced.

No comments:

Post a Comment